Thursday, February 22, 2018

MASQUERADER #4

Here's a blast from the (way back) past. My introduction to comics really happened as a teenage when I produced one of the very first comicbook fanzines, Masquerader. Here is issue #4 from 1963. My apologies for the splotchiness of the printing, but that was what you lived with at the time; technology has come a long way. And the "print" life of a spirit duplicator master page was about 175-300 copies...less if you used a color other than the basic purple. 

The great thing about doing fanzines was at the tender age was that I met virtually everyone I was going to work with in comics at the tender age of 15....and all of this through correspondence via the U.S. mail.

The art in Donnybrook Boys was  done by my late friend Ronn Foss, who was arguably the best fan artist of the time. And the other art was by "Cap't" Biljo White, another of the early greats in the field. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment