Friday, April 23, 2021

WARBELT!



I think this was my first published comic book work done in the very early seventies when I was still trying to get samples ready to show to Marvel and DC to break into their lineup.  Hmmm...why weren't they impressed. Looking back I wasn't as bad as I thought I was starting out. My strength was certainly realistic narrative and not the more dynamic superhero approach. Growing up in Pontiac Michigan, the history of this was of particular interest. The strip was done for a tabloid size newspaper that sprang up in my hometown  as competition for the Pontiac Press.  

My friend Al Migrom gave me a hand inking a couple of these pages, and Tom Orzechowski, one of the most talented letterers I've worked with graciously did the copy.  Best, Mike 

















New week a new story from my career at Marvel. Be there!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment