Thursday, March 1, 2018

MASQUERADER #4 PT. 2

Here is second part of Masquerader #4, with some wonderful artwork by Richard "Grass" Green. Grass had a very fluid style and was probably the most polished of the first fan artists. There is also more art by Biljo White, and even some illustrations by yours truly. One of the first unfortunate chores I had as an editor was to take a critical look at my art at the time and limit the amount that I could contribute to the zine until I dramatically improved. Fortunately, by the fourth issues I had made some steps forward. 

Also of interest in this issue was the long article by Richard C. West on Sax Rohmer's Dr. Fu Manchu, which was not strictly comicbook material. Hey, it was my fanzine and that's what I wanted to read about. 























No comments:

Post a Comment