Wednesday, June 21, 2017

THE HOUND OF THE BASKERVILLES PT. 1

Doing this was one of my favorite jobs. The illustrator Robert Fawcett, whose work has been an inspiration to me over the years, did a series of magnificent drawings for Collier's magazine back in the 1950. If you're familiar with that work, then you can probably spot at least a dozen swipes that I used when working on the story.  The coloring was done by my old friend John Ott and really brought a life to the drawings.Enjoy.


Don't forget to visit our archives on the right for any episodes of this or other stories that you've missed. And most of our stories are available at iVerse/Comics Plus for your enjoyment: (And our financial gain.) To open a new window: CLICK HERE

















This week's HBO Tales From the Crypt covers are Undertaking Palor, which I remember filming at the old Rialto Theatre in S. Pasadena, and a joke cover I did for producer Joel Silver. Joel lives in  probably the best renovated Frank Lloyd Wright house in the Hollywood Hills; he'd just discovered the Cryptkeeper has moved in next door.



No comments:

Post a Comment